May need expert opinion - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #1

Default May need expert opinion

How to make a short story long: 2003 Jetta 2.0 GLS

2-3 years ago, transmission (Auto) began to act funky, wouldn't shift outta first. Would disconnect battery (at first) and usually this would "reset" what had to be reset...and then would work...ok. (for that trip) Became more and more resistant to the point of "having to do something". (yeah, procrastinator maximus)

Went to junk yard and pulled computer brain outta another Jetta. Put it in mine...voila! Works fine.
I asked someone about the "writing" in marker on the unit. they said "that's just the release of that software"...but since it(trans) worked fine paid little attention that the replacement unit was "older". Trans still works fine.

But, here's the question. Sometime after, discovered previously working A/C now wouldn't engage compressor. Never thought it could be related. Checked all fuses (which once were solution to that problem when A/C didn't work)...all good.
But, I have read that the pressure switch for A/C can be one of two types, depending upon wires/wiring. One is "pulse width modulation" (which I believe I have)...and the other is...not. My question is this: If the computer I pulled is "older" release...(which the letter designation indicated).is there a possibility my "newer" PWM (pulse width modulation) signal being sent/received at pressure switch is "not communicating" with older computer...would this be reason for compressor not engaging?
TIA for the mind that has waded through this post, and considers a reply.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement