No Charge - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2017, 01:02 PM   #1

Default No Charge

Hello all... New to the forum, but not new to forums.

I have a 2008 Jetta SE, 2.5. I have some charging issues I'd like to bounce off all of you.

It all started a year and a half ago (I think). I had a battery light come one and never go off. I had it tested and it was indeed no good. Replaced it with one from NAPA. 4-6 months later I was driving down the interstate and one-by-one dash lights started coming on, eventually the red odometer cluster started to dim, then the radio sound went out. I shut off the radio and fan and continued down the road. I work 1 hour from where I live, all interstate. Some days it would start charging and everything would go away some days it would not and Iíd have to charge the battery while at work or at night when I got home. I replaced the battery under warranty, but that made no difference. Finally it quit altogether and I replaced the alternator. Everything was fine for another 2-4 months, then same problem again. I had my OE Bosch alternator repaired a long-time well-known shop and I put it back in. Worked fine for almost 5 months and now itís doing it again.

I donít doubt the alternator is going out, but WHAT is causing this? Any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement