First Vehicle - 2000 VW Jetta 2.0 - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2019, 02:36 PM   #1

Default First Vehicle - 2000 VW Jetta 2.0

Hello everybody! I love this 2000 VW Jetta and it has treated me very well in the almost 2 years that I've been driving it. Just recently hit 100000 miles but have been told my engine is terrific. I am eager to post my first question as it is what brought me here in the first place. I hope it's okay to post here and on a seperate AC forum. I am having trouble with the AC being cold, it slowly warmed up and I finally got it into a shop for a proper vacuum, and recharge. They filled it up no problem, and it held the freon just fine, so no leaks. Next possible problem, the compressor, which can't be diagnosed because apparently it's not even turning on!! Since this is the case, after the mechanic replaced a few minor working parts of the AC and thoroughly checked the AC wires to see if there was a faulty connection, he was troubled to say that he couldn't specicially target the issue but THINKS it could be the engine control module! (ECM OR ECU). He also mentioned how a fuse was blowing each time the ac turned on, so he left that fuse removed. I feel like it couldn't be the ECM and that there still may be some type of faulty wiring/connection but if he can't find it idk who can. If it was the ECM, wouldn't it be more then just the signal to turn my compressor on that'd be having trouble, like having trouble starting and stalling? The engine is strong, I think it's more of a wire issue. So confusing, but no matter what I don't see a viable option to fix this AC besides acquiring a portable one! Thanks everybody in advance!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement