98 VW Jetta GL/ Seafoam /issues - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #1

Default 98 VW Jetta GL/ Seafoam /issues

I'm a new member and a new VW Jetta owner. I have a 98 Jetta 2.0. Excited about my new (used) German import I started doing regular maintenance here and there. Worried about the shape of the car from previous owners I decided to give it an oil change and transmission fluid change.

It had 122,000 miles. For an old car it sat around a while collecting junk in its engine etc. So I used seafoam through throttle body hose, crankshaft and fuel. That was before the oil changes of course.

The car ran smoother, smoother idle and acceleration and the car seem to being doing great. 100 miles or two in, I start to feel the car jerk hard when I let go of gas and when I push on it it jerks as well. I've narrowed it to four things I think... Please help!!!

From less likely to most likely:
Engine light is on so...
1. Solenoid- I haven't had the chance to see what it does but it's one of the things needing changed according to autozone engine diagnoses.

2. Oxygen sensor- I had heard that that might be the cause of it because of how much air:fuel ratio is going into engine. Also needs replaced according to auto zone diagnosis.

3. Motor mounts- they might be cracked and the engine rocks back and forth.

4. Fuel filter- I'm afraid that a lot of gunk has been pushed into fuel filter because of the seafoam dislodging it.

I know I can replace O2 sensor and fuel filter myself and I will. Maybe a mount... Depending on which one. But what seems most likely? And is there another troubleshooting idea that I haven't thought of?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement