2 codes out of the blue! - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #1

Exclamation 2 codes out of the blue!

Alright guys need some help here, most problems I can tinker with and figure out but transmissions are particular mystery..lol.
Well my daughters 98 Wolfsburg edition 2.0 has suddenly thrown two codes and from what im guessing has gone into limp mode.
PO 730 = gear incorrect ratio.
PO 740= torque converter clutch circuit malfunction.
Now the car is hard to shift out of 2 to 3rd. Rpms gotta be around 5500 to shift. Feels like its trying to stop itself.
My question is as a complete transmission noob,, where would you start looking? Is there a relay that could be checked, or may be the tcm?maybe a wire , or harness?
Could one code caused the other? Moneys tight and its my daughters car whi needs it for college in less than a month, so I really could use some help not chasing my tail and wasting money I dont have. Any tranny ninjas out there?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #2

Or maybe a link to a existing write up,,,,?
Tap, tap,,,,,,,, is this thing on??
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:09 PM   #3

Update, I have flushed the fluids twice, changed the filter, filled it... nothing.
I may have been wrong about the limp mode, I get first and what feels like third. Pulled the pan again and tested solenoids for resistance. Look good, now I know that the two (ecc & tcc) can still be bad, but im wondering if I shouldnt be looking at the n88 solenoid as it controls the 1_2 &3_4 shifts. Or should I pull all of them. Still unclear if its the harness external or internal. Cant seen to find a good write up.
Im going to swap the n88 & the n92 and see if it shifts then. Just cant afford to replace all, for all that, I can probably poke around enough to find a used one.

Any ideas guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement