Jetta misfire cylinder 1....help! - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #1

Default Jetta misfire cylinder 1....help!

The wife and I went on a one week trip with our truck. After the car being parked one week, I went to start my 2003 Jetta with 2.0 gas engine and the engine light came on. I drove a few blocks to gas it up and it went into the decreased power mode. I borrowed code reader from my boss, and it says I have a cylinder #1 misfire. I removed that spark plug and it looked white and kind of corroded. I cleaned it up and started it again. No change. I'm in need of help as to what to test/check next.

Thanks for any advice.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2016, 03:55 AM   #2

id go ahead and just get all new spark plugs in there along with wires. **** id test the coil pack too. (plenty of vids for that) your injectors may also be causing problems. possibly a vacuum leak. im facing the same problem atm..
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-28-2016, 08:06 PM   #3

I have a 2006 2.0T and it sits for a while while my daughter is away at school. She came home and started it and the engine was misfiring badly, she shut it off and restarted it and everything was fine. I also had a cylinder 1 misfire error, it never misfired again but I changed all the plugs and the coil 2 days ago and cleared the code. I'll let you know if it comes back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement