Hot weather and irritation - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #1

Default Hot weather and irritation

So any hot weather above 90 or 95 causes my 1997 jetta 4cylinder to run rough and die at acceleration from stops randomly. Things i have done to the car prior was timing belt, water pump, and Maf, I did take a trip that was about 1k miles total before these issues started showing. At first i thought it was bad fuel or water in the tank, so i ran Heets in it, followed by injector cleaner, then sea foam, obviously not in the same tank. It didnt work. I changed the spark plugs, rotor and distributor cap, and fuel pressure regulator. I've also checked the fuel pressure and had 40psi show. I'm now confused what this could be now. I found a vacuum leak in the fuel pressure regulator line and replaced it but the car still dies randomly in hot weather. I can at least tell when its going to do it cuz it lags and that is my telltale sign it will die at the next stop. Also, engine is still at norm 180-190. If anyone has experienced this or has an answer/idea, I'd love to hear it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement