2014 Jetta - Misfire on 3 Cylinders, EPC, Check Engine & ESP ALL ON!!! - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #1

Unhappy 2014 Jetta - Misfire on 3 Cylinders, EPC, Check Engine & ESP ALL ON!!!

I'm new to this forum and need some advice if anyone can help! Here is the incident that occurred in order according to my wife who was driving at the time:
Car Info (2014 Jetta SE 1.8T, 90k Miles - we drive ALOT!)

Problems:
1. Cruising at 80 MPH
2. Heard a "pop" _ she couldn't describe it more than that. It wasn't a BANG it was a pop...
3. Check Engine Light, EPC light, ESP light ALL ON
4. Lost power (still drives but very low power)
5. Engine Shaking - I guessed Misfire and found out it is misfiring on 3 cylinders
6. will start and run NOT OVERHEATING (don't think its head gasket)

I had Auto zone run the OBDII and they came up with misfire in cylinders 1-3. My first guess is the ignition coils but it seems weird that 3 went out at the same time. Unless one went out causing another to fail and another until she finally noticed something was off...

There is NO SHOP MANUAL ANYWHERE ONLINE for this year!!!! WTF!

Any guesses or tips on further diagnosis of the problem? Any tips on where to get a shop manual for this year?

Thanks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement