Random issues and noise - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2019, 09:27 PM   #1

Question Random issues and noise

Hey so i have an automatic 2017 jetta 1.4t s with now 30k miles and for quite the longest time since the car was new, the tranny would always slip when i rolled up to a stop sign and rolled past it at like 5mph. What i mean is that i would coast off the brake and gas at like 5mph and the car would be in 2nd gear and after i press the gas its like it winds up and finally "kicks" and start to move after about half a second. I heard the clutches slip so im guessing thats what it is and it wont be covered under warranty? Second whenever i takeoff from a stop and drive through the first 3 gears in the low rpms (1k-3k), the car makes this what sounds like a minor but pretty loud grinding noise which usually gets worse once the car shifts and then slowly gets better and goes away if i give it more gas and go above 3.5k rpms. Does anyone else have this problem and/or knows what might be going on?
sorry for the long post
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement