Alternator Malfunction? - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2019, 10:14 PM   #1

Default Alternator Malfunction?

Hi all.

I have 2013 Jetta SE with 92,200 miles on it. The last two days I have had some kind of alternator malfunction. (Had Similar issues in the past) First my car begins to buck, like When I try to accelerate it almost doesn’t catch but then it does and pulls me forward. Shortly after that happens the red battery light comes on my dashboard. I lose power steering A/C radio and cannot accelerate. I know the manual says that it could mean an alternator malfunction. The weird thing is if I put it my car in park and turn off and then back on again it it starts up.it doesn’t have this issue every time I drive. This has happened in years past when’s I was still under warranty. I would bring the car in and they would keep it for a week try different things never figure it out and then my problems would go away for a short while. I had plan to bring my car in for for an oil change so I figured I will let me VW mechanic take a look at it and see if he hasn’t any ideas. Posting to see if anyone else has had something similar happen. I took a video of it if I can figure out how to post it’s.

Thanks

- J
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement