Clutch problem - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #1

Question Clutch problem

Hello, this is my first post here!

Thank you for reading my post...

I have a 2004 Jetta 2.0 liter. A couple of days ago I replaced the front brakes, and today after stopping at a traffic light, the clutch dropped to the floor unresponsive. After turning the car off and back on and got pressure back and drove home. As I searched I found an comment of something similar happening to a TDI jetta, so I am surprised to know the brake and the clutch works together. The brake reservoir was full, and the car seems to now drive normal except when I pushed the clutch all the way down, I can hear a noise that was not there before.

My first instinct tells me to bleed the front brake lines... do that makes sense? is there a chance of air in the clutch system? Can it be purged of air? The brake fluid level did not changed before and after the brake replacement, and there is not fluids in the ground anywhere... and the brake pedal feels normal

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Jordan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #2

Question Update

I got myself a pump and used Pentosin Super DOT4 Brake Fluid because it supposed to be a great brake fluid and because it's golden color which made it easier for me to recognized when the old fluid was done. I did the 4 calipers and the clutch bleeder... I tested it for a couple of minutes and the brake power is definitely noticeable... the clutch is working but still has that small vibration on it, and if I pushed the clutch pedal far down, there is noise that was never there. The gears engaged perfectly, so that is not a problem, so my question is if that small vibration on the clutch pedal is something indicating a problem that I should repair?

Your advice is greatly appreciated,
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement