Road Noise - Volkswagen Jetta Forum
JettaForums.com is the premier Volkswagen Jetta Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2018, 11:01 PM   #1

Default Road Noise

I'm new to the VW family and I just purchased a 2014 Jetta S and noticed that there is a lot of road noise. It almost sounds like a grinding or a wheel bearing is going. The car has new tires and it seems like the noise depends on the type of pavement. Our other vehicle has new tires and it doesnt make this much noise on the same road.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2019, 11:36 PM   #2

I had a grinding noise and thought it might be wheel bearings. Took it to Discount Tire and they spun each wheel on their balancing machine. Found out I had a badly bent wheel. Replaced it with a used one from Chicago Wheel. Much quieter now. (SC roads are in terrible shape, so pot holes bending alloy wheels is fairly common.)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #3

Wheel bearings will growl, and it will change when making turns and lane changes.
My tires make noise on many different road surfaces. These cars tend to have
negative camber, that noise is a result. When the front wheel bearings go bad enough,
the steering wheel will shake, then get worse and violently shake on braking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement